News about Chris’ voice: he’ll have to take it a bit easy over the next weeks. But rest assured, there will be a little something for you every week. Tips from the Top Floor is independent again – and open for new sponsorships! Inquire at [email protected] – We are getting ready to kick off the 2009 workshops, we’ll open those in January. If you are not yet on the mailing list, please sign up at www.discoverthetopfloor.com
Main topic today: Why isn’t it possible to present pictures on Flickr on a non-white background. Yes, slideshow presents on black, but both of those are such strong contrasts that they really take away a lot off the image viewing experience. Chris presents a workaround using the Flickr Enlarger website by Jay Williams (link below)..
Welcome the new TFTTF Pixie Johannes Schriewer! He’s helping with the editing the Tech Guy segments, so please give him a warm welcome in the comments, because without him, you wouldn’t get your weekly fix of the Tech Guy from now on.
- The Checkershadow Illusion – find out how easily your eyes are fooled!
- More eye foolery at the laboratory of Dale Purves, M.D.
- Put your pictures on a non-white background with Flickr Enlarger by Jay Williams
- Johannes Schriewer, our new Pixie (make sure you leave him a welcome comment!)
- Sign up for the workshop mailing list