When Chris mentioned digitizing negatives using a camera on one of the last episodes, he received lots of feedback and questions. On this long awaited episode Chris finally goes into detail on how to ditch your scanner and start digitizing your negatives and slides using your camera and a cheap light table. Chris looks into the right gear from clamps to tripod heads and all the methods that will make you use this method in no time.
Photo by BRUNO CERVERA[sc:podlovebutton]
- Clamps with 3/8″ and 1/4″ threads
- Ball head
- Base plate (Arca Swiss compatible)
- Double 3/8″ adapter
- LED Light Table
- Lomo Digitaliza
- Good method to convert color negatives (requires Photoshop CC)
- Android app: HELMUT Film Scanner
- Android app: Lomoscanner
- iOS app: Filmlab (work in progress)
- Arq backup software (Win/Mac)
- Wasabi online storage
- SPONSOR: Format.com – The online portfolio you deserve (get 30 days free)
- SPONSOR: WeTransfer – transfer big files around the world, for free.