What does it take to get a good photo at some of Northern Irelands more touristy places? Chris talks about his experience at The Dark Hedges, which is a hotspot for Game of Thrones fans and Giant’s Causeway, where Chris didn’t only have the most amazing geological formations in front of his lens, but also plenty of tourists climbing around on them. His solution: pre-visualize the shot and execute on the idea. Steve has come across a bunch of expired film in a thrift store and wonders how that film should be treated to get the best results. As a general rule, Chris suggests to add one stop of light per three years of expiration, but also cautions that storage conditions have a big impact on how expired film develops color casts over the years.
Photo by Chris Marquardt
- Photo: The Dark Hedges by Chris Marquardt
- Photo: Giant’s Causeway Basalt Columns by Chris Marquardt
- Chris’ Black and White Photos from Ireland 2018
- SPONSOR: Vistaprint. Discount code TOPFLOOR.
- SPONSOR: HoneyBook, small business CRM. Use code TOPFLOOR.