TFOP 245 discusses a new camera purchase and a conversation about historical photos and gold-plating photography on glass || Neurapix is a German startup that has developed AI-based software that can learn from previously edited images and apply the same edits to new photos at a fast rate || Two lawsuits against AI || xkcd has a comic about the simple answers to questions about new technology || RAILs (Responsible AI Licenses) is a new category of open-source licenses that are specifically designed for AI and machine learning projects || DGSpitzer is a digital artist based in New York who has trained an AI model with his own digital paintings & game concept art. He’s giving away this model || A Blog post on AI-generated portraits used in self portrait photography.
- [PHOTO] The Future of Photography : The Future of Photography episode 245 is out: We discuss Adrian’s first camera purchase of the year. What is it? Why? How is it? Also, a wide ranging conversation about historical photos and Jeremiah’s gold-plating photography on glass.
- [AI, PHOTO, TOOL] Lightroom AI Edits : Neurapix is a German startup that has developed AI-based software that can learn from previously edited images and apply the same edits to new photos at a fast rate, using a Lightroom plug-in. The company’s pricing is more competitive than ImagenAI’s, which charges more per photo.
- [KI] Two Lawsuits against AI
- [OTHER] xkcd simple answers to new tech : There’s ALWAYS an xkcd. This time about the simple answers to to the questions that get asked about every new technology.
- [AI, OTHER] : RAILs (Responsible AI Licenses) is a new category of open-source licenses that are specifically designed for AI and machine learning projects. They include clauses that address ethical concerns around the use of AI, such as ensuring that the AI is not used for harmful purposes or in ways that discriminate against certain groups of people, require developers to provide detailed documentation about the AI system, and allows third-party organizations to audit the AI system to ensure that it is being used responsibly.
- [KI] DGSpizer : DGSpitzer is a game developer, music composer and digital artist based in New York who has been working on AI-related projects, specifically colorizing old black & white footage, and has trained an AI model with his own digital paintings & game concept art as the dataset. The model, called DGSpitzer-Art-Diffusion, supports multiple keywords as different styles and is available for free use and fine-tuning, under an Open RAIL-M license.
- [OTHER] Rate the show : I have a favor to task of you: TFTTF has just been moved to a new podcast backend on Apple’s servers, which resulted in losing all reviews. At least that’s what I assume happened. If you use Apple Podcasts, leave a review for the show, give it a rating, give it a review… that’ll help bring it up in the search results, especially nowadays as the podcast landscape has changed quite a bit. That would be awesome, thank you!
- [PHOTO, AI] The Other Chris’ Blog Post About AI : (The other) Chris used a combination of AI-generated portraits and real photography to come up with a unique self portrait. Read his blog post about it and check out his pictures.
<3 Feedback on this episode by Chris
(leave your own feedback at tfttf.com/hi)
<3 Support the show on Patreon or with a donation
Audio: Download the MP3 for this episode