Are you a film photographer in North America? Do you have good knowledge of the landscape of film that’s available today? We could use your help.
Check out the details and the film lists here
Today Chris talks about liquid ISO – how the same film can be treated with different amounts of light and still produce results, most of the time more exciting results as if used at box speed. Sina Farhat is our guest, talking about doing aerial photography from a helicopter over Gothenburg for Wikimedia. Also: another chapter of C.J. Chilver’s book A Lesser Photographer.
- FilmDev | All FilmDev Recipes
- Black and White Film Developing Times | The Massive Dev Chart
- Make-up for television
- Early Movie Make-up
- Lake Baikal, Siberia 2016 – Lofoten Islands 2016 – Bhutan 2017 – Photo Tours with Chris Marquardt
- Sina Farhat – aerial pictures
Does a mirrorless full frame camera really save a lot of weight compared to a DSLR? Some manufacturers claim their cameras are half as heavy as their mirrored brethren. But how do things look when you take the weight of the lenses into account? Because here’s the secret: the size of the lens depends on the size of the sensor. So all things being the same, a full frame mirrorless camera will have the same size (and weight) lenses as a full frame DSLR.
An anonymous caller asks about photo organization.
Also: shooting on film is for hipsters, or is it? Some argue that shooting film presents you with tremendous learning opportunities. With opportunities that you can never have in the digital world, because you are too deep inside your comfort zone and learning is only possible at the edge. Some argue that that’s BS and that you should look forward and drop the ballast that is the past. Chris is in the first camp and he’s on the lookout for ways to emulate the analog learning experience for those who are in the latter camp.
Any suggestions on how to achieve that? Leave a comment.
- SPONSOR: lynda.com, try it 7 days for free! (check out their Photography Tutorials)
- SPONSOR: graphicstock.com, sign up here! GraphicStock.com is an affordable subscription-based website that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock graphics, stock images, icons, buttons, backgrounds, textures and templates.
- Workshop: Donegal Dreamscapes – Sep 2015 – A photo tour and workshop by Chris Marquardt
- A Himitsu | Music
- Lightroom-related posts on Tips from the Top Floor
- (German) Absolut analog: Fotografieren neu entdecken – in Kleinbild-/Mittel- und Großformat: Amazon.de: Monika Andrae, Chris Marquardt: Bücher
- I want to hear from you! (get your questions on the show)
- A lesser photographer – ebook by CJ Chilvers