Chris takes a closer look at the world’s smallest full frame mirrorless digital camera: the Sigma fp. He also asks the question if a full frame camera can REALLY deliver medium-format level quality, as claimed by Sony with the new A7 Mark IV.
Chris revisits the ethical exif discussion by looking at a sea eagle safari. Ryan wonders about lens resolution and Tom has questions about the new full frame mirrorless lens mounts, and about what their bigger diameter and reduced flange distance mean for future lenses.
Photo by Marc-Olivier Jodoin
Does a mirrorless full frame camera really save a lot of weight compared to a DSLR? Some manufacturers claim their cameras are half as heavy as their mirrored brethren. But how do things look when you take the weight of the lenses into account? Because here’s the secret: the size of the lens depends on the size of the sensor. So all things being the same, a full frame mirrorless camera will have the same size (and weight) lenses as a full frame DSLR.
An anonymous caller asks about photo organization.
Also: shooting on film is for hipsters, or is it? Some argue that shooting film presents you with tremendous learning opportunities. With opportunities that you can never have in the digital world, because you are too deep inside your comfort zone and learning is only possible at the edge. Some argue that that’s BS and that you should look forward and drop the ballast that is the past. Chris is in the first camp and he’s on the lookout for ways to emulate the analog learning experience for those who are in the latter camp.
Any suggestions on how to achieve that? Leave a comment.
- SPONSOR: lynda.com, try it 7 days for free! (check out their Photography Tutorials)
- SPONSOR: graphicstock.com, sign up here! GraphicStock.com is an affordable subscription-based website that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock graphics, stock images, icons, buttons, backgrounds, textures and templates.
- Workshop: Donegal Dreamscapes – Sep 2015 – A photo tour and workshop by Chris Marquardt
- A Himitsu | Music
- Lightroom-related posts on Tips from the Top Floor
- (German) Absolut analog: Fotografieren neu entdecken – in Kleinbild-/Mittel- und Großformat: Amazon.de: Monika Andrae, Chris Marquardt: Bücher
- I want to hear from you! (get your questions on the show)
- A lesser photographer – ebook by CJ Chilvers