The James Web Telescope is arguably the best camera.. not on the planet though. Chris looks at zoomable content, at being there and how that’s different from the limited senses that we can capture with our photography. Also: another quick look at DALL-E and what it has to do with pizza.
- [PHOTO, SPACE] IR: Areas of star formation : The James Webb Telescope sees more. This infrared image of spiral galaxy NGC 7496 shows the areas that were previously obscured by gas and dust to be star cradles.
- [OTHER] Best camera : Ha! xkcd is perfectly right.. the best camera isn’t always the one you have on you. It might be the camera at L2.
- [SPACE] Zoomable Image: Stephan’s Quintet : An impressive zoomable view of a JWST image of Stephan’s Quintet. Resolution 153 mega pixels.
- [PHOTO] Being there : I had this txt discussion with my friend Jon Miller. It started with the new Insta360 One X2, meandered over to me planning to vlog the scouting tour next month with the iPhone only and ended up on a deeply philosophical level.
- [PHOTO, AI] Vox: how dalle2 works and what it means : A great video by VOX talking about how image generators like DALL-E work. For a bonus treat, watch the bonus video mentioned in the video’s description.
- [PHOTO, AI] PizzaDalle : A Twitter account showcasing DALL-E by generating pizza-related pictures. I like.
❤️ Feedback on this episode by Hampus Haara & William Hickox & David Marland
(leave your own feedback at tfttf.com/hi)