Chris takes a closer look at ND filter systems and helps you determine what you need – and what you don’t. To make sure you have ample time to practice until this summer .. let’s do an early start and talk about how to shoot a solar eclipse. Also if you send in a question by Jun 10 2017, Chris will send you a little surprise. Instructions inside the show.
John Michael wonders how to speed up his Lightroom and Chris goes into the intricacies of setting up and using different preview sizes, smart previews and how the right setup can make Lightroom much faster. Chris also answers the question on why he upgraded to the 7D Mark II – the answer might be surprising. Sean wonders if he should get a regular ND filter or a variable one and Chris explains the differences and why one is probably better than the other.
- Chris on Anchor (you can submit your call-ins there too!)
- FREE: Chris’ Lightroom workflow
- Support Chris on Patreon
Sawyer calls in with a great tip on focusing with an ND filter and Chris has a few thoughts on the focus trap and how to reliably determine distance without autofocus. Jim wonders about the camera gear to bring on a photo tour and Chris gives an example based on some of the previous photo tours. Brett will do some motorsport photography and is looking for tips and tricks and Barry’s autofocus is way off after he invested in an f/2.8 lens. Chris suspects that there is some serious misalignment at play here between the lens and the camera.
- Help TFTTF become more visible by giving it an iTunes rating
- Affinity Photo 1.5 is out
- Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.8 is out
- Photo Tours and Workshops with Chris Marquardt
- Lake Baikal photos by Chris Marquardt – Gallery 1
- Lake Baikal photos by Chris Marquardt – Gallery 2
- Chris talks about his new/old MacBook on TFTTF 750
- Online Depth of Field Calculator
- SPONSOR: Cloudspot.io, the crazy fast photo delivery service – try it for free, use code TOPFLOOR to save 20% on your first year
- Chris on Facebook
- Chris on Twitter