Chris discusses his year-end-panic-mode, which is surprisingly not caused by Christmas approaching. He also lets you in on his new lens: an update to his all-time favorite Canon TS-24 3.5 L. Guest on a reverse interview: Sonny Portacio of Pocketlenses.com
Chris got a private tour at the Kodak Technology Vault in Rochester, NY and you can come too and see some of the amazing exhibits they have behind closed doors. Also: the final part of the interview with photographers Richard and Jacob Hutchings.
- Kodak Technical Vault – Chris In Rochester – YouTube
- Philippe Petit @ Wikipedia
- Director of Photography (DP) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- PLP035: Photo Power and Chris Marquardt: Lightweight Travel | Pocket Lenses
- PLP036: Moon Photos, Innovative Cameras and Chris Marquardt part 2 | Pocket Lenses
Chris continues the interview with photographer Richard Hutchings that he started almost exactly one year ago. You’ll get to find out what it means to sing the Alphabet Song with R2D2 on Sesame Street at the age of five.
- SPONSOR: lynda.com, try it 7 days for free! (check out their Photography Tutorials)
- tfttf654 – Shooting Morgan Freeman
- Sesame Street season 10 opening titles (1978-79) – YouTube
- Star Wars Droids on Sesame Street (C-3PO R2-D2) Raw footage – YouTube
- Photos from the San Diego workshop
- Photos from the New York workshop
- Tony’s blog post about the NY workshop
- Lee’s San Diego workshop photos
- Siberia, Norway, Ireland, Svalbard, Bhutan – Phantastic Photo Tours with Chris Marquardt
Today Chris talks about liquid ISO – how the same film can be treated with different amounts of light and still produce results, most of the time more exciting results as if used at box speed. Sina Farhat is our guest, talking about doing aerial photography from a helicopter over Gothenburg for Wikimedia. Also: another chapter of C.J. Chilver’s book A Lesser Photographer.
- FilmDev | All FilmDev Recipes
- Black and White Film Developing Times | The Massive Dev Chart
- Make-up for television
- Early Movie Make-up
- Lake Baikal, Siberia 2016 – Lofoten Islands 2016 – Bhutan 2017 – Photo Tours with Chris Marquardt
- Sina Farhat – aerial pictures
Chris talks to to Philip Briggs (Author of the Bradt Guide to Ethiopia), Trevor Cole (world traveler and photographer extraordinaire) and Hans van der Haar (Dutch tour operator with a family in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) about their views of Ethiopia. Some great surprises in this interview.
“..the other thing that people don’t expect and that blew my mind is that it’s a lush, green country. Addis Ababa gets twice as much rainfall as London or Amsterdam…” – Philip Briggs
- Ethiopia 2016 – A tour with Chris Marquardt, Trevor Cole & Tim Vollmer
- The Bradt Guides to Ethiopia by Philip Briggs
- Boundless Ethiopia