Let’s look at how a spaghetti strainer can help you learn about photography. There are three new and probably a bit exotic lenses on the horizon and Chris explains what they are good for. He also looks at the tricks of the press photographers to help you take better hand-held low light shots.
On this quick-fire question and answer episode, Andy wonders why lenses are round and Chris talks about how lenses are made and how the round shape makes most sense. John has a LR workflow question and Mark is curious about digital medium format. Chris goes into detail on why medium format isn’t clearly defined and on the differences between film medium format and digital medium format.
This episode features questions on broken links, printing your photos as a physical backup, the whereabouts of the Marquardt International Pinhole project, lens elements and groups and an SD card tester for Windows.
- Arq: cloud backup for Mac and Windows
- Marquardt International Pinhole – 4×5″ Large Format Pinhole Camera by Chris Marquardt
- F3 – flash memory card tester for Mac
- H2testw – flash memory card tester for Windows
- SPONSOR: 20% off Shutterstock for TFTTF listeners